You have no items in your shopping cart.
Welcome to the Nature Baby Journal, a thoughtfully curated world of information for parents and parents to be. Inspiration, products and ideas that will nurture you, your baby and the environment.
We have put together a little list of simple ideas to keep your little one cool and busy on long hot summer days.
1. Water playBuckets or paddling pools of water will provide lots of entertainment for little ones on a hot summers day. Set yourselves up on the back deck, or under a shady tree in the garden. Little bath toys to float or sticks and leaves for little one to experiment with in the water are all good ideas. For slightly older kids, you could get out any paint brushes and set them up on a wooden or concrete surface to paint with water, mess free.
2. Local poolGrab your swimsuit, towel, sunscreen and hat and head down to your local swimming pool. Bring a little picnic and splash in the shallows. Often local pools have splash pads and water play grounds for little ones to enjoy.
3. Local leafy walk / bushwalkA nice way to get out and about from the house in summer is to go for a short walk in your local area. A leafy walk or even a bushwalk if that is available by you is a great way to get out in the fresh summer air. Some babies like to fall asleep in the pram or front pack while you walk, and others may love to stare at the leafy canopy above.
4. BeachVisit your favourite beach but avoid the harsh sun in the middle of the day by going early in the morning when your little ones rise early, or evening, with a picnic dinner on the beach. In the midst of summer, it still nice and warm, but be sure to pack a jumper for those cool breezes.
5. GardenA favourite activity for toddlers or children is to build a little hut with old sheets or blankets in the trees. Or pitch a little tent in the backyard and go “camping” for a day (or even a night!). It’s a fun way to experience the same excitement of going somewhere new, without having to pack up the car.
We hope you and your little ones enjoy the beautiful summer weather outside creating lots of lovely memories together xx Nb
Our friends at Lunch Lady have put together a selection of delicious nice-cream sandwiches for your little ones to enjoy this summer.
We’ve collected some of our favourite picks for the summer season that will have your little one protected from the sun.
Elayna Carausu is a new mum to Lenny. She shares with us her life abroad sailing the world.
Be the first to hear about new arrivals and special offers.
As a friend of Nature Baby, you’ll be the first to know about new arrivals and special offers.